Nothing lasts forever, but your vendor promised you that your wigs would last a long time. That was probably all the assurance you needed before getting your wig, until you started noticing that your wig was thinning out, losing its color, and looking less natural – all signs that your wig isn’t going to last any longer.
At that point, you might be tempted to think that you got a fake. That isn’t always the case. Sometimes, your wigs don’t last as long as they should because of something you did or didn’t do. Synthetic and human hair wigs can last a long time, if you know how to make them more durable. Let’s take a look at five ways you can make your wigs last.
How to make your wigs last
- Don’t wear it too often: One mistake we make is wearing the same wig over and over again. Doing this will wear the wig out and you’d begin to notice a change in color and fullness until you can’t wear it anymore. If you love wearing wigs, it’s advisable to get more than one. That way, you’d have more than one to wear and won’t need to wear the same one all the time.
- Don’t wash your wig too often: It’s great to wash your wig as this guarantees that they last a long time. But once you begin to wash it too much, just like you natural hair, the wig will begin to lose its shine until it finally loses its beauty. Wash your wigs, but don’t overdo it. Your best bet is to put a few days between one wash and the next.
- Maintain it with high-quality products: If you get high-quality wigs, it’s only proper that you was them with high-quality products. Don’t just buy regular shampoos and conditioners off the counter, as they might harm your wigs. Instead, opt for tested and trusted wig maintaining products, as this will help you save money you’d have otherwise spent to repair your wig after using low-quality products.
- Don’t use heating tools on your wigs: Wigs aren’t like natural hair, so using a curling iron on it might be counter-effective. A curling iron will only make your wig dull, dry, and cause other hair damage that might render the wig useless. To curl your wigs, use non-heating curlers instead.
- Use a stylist: A stylist knows the best way to style and maintain your wig without ruining it. They can also give you tips on maintaining your hair and making it last longer. You should try to visit your stylist more often, and not just when you want to make your hair.
It doesn’t take much to keep your wig lush, beautiful, and full for as long as you’d like. You just need to know what to do and what not to do to help it last longer. Overall, you need to get quality wigs as fake products will never last, no matter how much you take care of them. You can always get great quality wigs at lollyhair.com.